How do I change the zoning of my property?

Much like General Plan and Specific Plan Amendments, the City’s Zoning and Development Code may be amended to reclassify property from any zoning district, provided that any such amendment is consistent with the General Plan. Zone change applications require action by the Planning Commission and the City Council. Prior to filing for a Zone Change Application, Fontana Municipal Code (FMC) Sections 30-41 requires a “Pre-Application” review by City staff. Please call the Planning Department at (909) 350-6718 or via email for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out the status of my Planning application?
2. What is a General Plan or Specific Plan Amendment?
3. How do I look up the zoning for my property?
4. Where is the Planning Case Fee Schedule?
5. What are variances?
6. How do I change the zoning of my property?
7. How do I subdivide my property?
8. What is a Pre Application Meeting or “PAM” and why is it required?
9. Can I build an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) or junior accessory dwelling unit (JADU)?