Citizen Self Service Portal (CSS)
As part of our goal to make paying for Sewer Bills and Animal Licenses easier for you, The City of Fontana has implemented an online account management and bill payment system. After registering for an account you will be able to look up and link your Bi-Monthly Sewer Billing Account or pay for a dog license that has already been applied for and created.
Please click on the tabs below for detailed instructions on how to register and more.
- How to Register for an Account
- CSS - Linking Sewer Account
- CSS Process for Dog License Request & Online Payment
How to Register for a Citizen Self-Service (CSS) login
*If you have an existing account, you will be required to re-register. Instructions (PDF)
Citizen Self Service – Linking Sewer Billing Account
There are many different types of Billings and each one can have a differing account and customer id settings. Citizen Self Service (CSS) can link these different billing accounts to your one CSS login to help make finding and paying for your bills online easier.
Sewer Bills – To link to your Sewer Billing Account, once you are logged into Citizen Self Service (CSS):
1. Click on Sewer Billing in the left column and then Accounts and then click on the “Link to Account” link
2. Search for your Account: On the top right of your bi-monthly sewer bills you will see an Account Number and a Customer ID (or CID). Enter both required numbers into their search fields and then click the Submit button
3. If a match is found it will link the Sewer Account to your CSS login and open to the Account Summary page where you can find current balance information, payment history and other details. You are now linked to your Sewer Billing Account. You can view bill information, make payments and view payment history.
CSS process for Dog License request and online payment
- Request a new dog license or renew an existing one by filling out one of the online request forms on our website: https://www.fontana.org
- Once your information is verified, your dog license record will be created or renewed in our system and then we will email you with your information to search for your record and to make an online payment.
- Create an account or Login with existing account to Citizen Self Service (CSS)
- Once logged into CSS, click on Animal License in the left hand column
- Enter your Customer ID, the License Year (Fiscal Year) and Tag # from the email we sent into the search fields provided and click the Submit button
- The search results will come showing your customer account information. On the right hand side click the “Details” link.
- This will open the Location Details screen where your new license record should show. Click on the “Details” link on the right again.
- You will see your new dog license details with an unpaid payment status. Click on the “Add license to cart” button to start an online payment.
- To verify you want to pay for this license, click on the Add to Cart button. This will add the license and amount due to your cart.
- Click on your shopping cart in the upper right to make your payment. Once we receive your payment we will mail your new tag and application receipt to you.